B&B rural and centrally located in the randstad! South Holland, Netherlands
- Type: Detached house
- Tag: For sale
- Street: Kruisweg
- City: Bleiswijk
- Postal code: 2665HB
- Area: Zuid-Holland
- Country: Netherlands
- Bedrooms: 5
- Bathrooms: 4
- House size: 232 m²
- Construction year: 1950
- Lot size: 1328 m²
- Property (prior) used as B&B?: Ja, object is of was in gebruik als Bed and Breakfast.
- Energielabel: A
A rural home with relatively low monthly costs? You can! Detached A-label home with 38 solar panels and a very well run vacation apartment. Quietly located at the edge of the polders on a cul-de-sac for cars, central to highways and near the Rottezoom. Very versatile!
NOTE: This property you must have been to really experience.
We would like to invite you for a comprehensive viewing; be surprised!
Thanks to the exceptionally large plot of about 1,328m2, the feeling of space is already immediately noticeable. The expansive front view and large garden surrounding the house contribute to this. The lot offers private parking for several cars. First to catch the eye immediately is the large rural new construction/”barn” (approx. 20m x 6.5m) which is attached to the house. On the first floor of this is an additional living room, a large garage and a fully equipped very successful bed & breakfast apartment with its own entrance, also suitable as a kangaroo or informal care home. Above the living room and garage there is also a sizable bedroom/study. The garage, 47m2 with partly 6-meter ridge height, gives opportunity for dry storage of vehicles or to be used as chore, hobby, work, or storage space for a home business. A horse stable is also allowed. A glass walk-through provides access to the living kitchen in the original home. From there, the second floor leads to three bedrooms, including the master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and a walk-in closet. There is also a separate self-contained and very well insulated “cottage” on the plot. A horse trough is allowed on the rear lot. This place is in a unique setting with plenty of peace and nature, but also near highways and within biking distance of the (suburban) city.
The apartment (2020) is located in the back 5 meters of the rural new building and has a separate entrance there. It includes a modern kitchen with dishwasher and oven, among others. There is a bathroom with tub and upstairs an additional insulated bedroom. There is a private air conditioning/heat pump (5kW) that provides heating and cooling. The apartment is rented out well through Booking and Airbnb, as an apartment without breakfast. The whole is take over incl. bookings and Booking.com website with positive reviews (averaging a 9). A gross turnover of about 25,000 euros (excluding breakfast) is realistic. Realized occupancy rates, current income and experience are available after viewing. The apartment has been approved as a Bed&Breakfast by the municipality.
In the backyard is a loose garden house of about 19m2 with its own kitchenette and toilet/shower. Floor, walls and roof are very well insulated. The cottage is also equipped with an air conditioning/heat pump (2.5kW) that serves for heating and cooling. The garden house offers many opportunities to be used as an independent space or possibly as a separate office space, coach room, studio or the like. If you are going to rent out the cottage in a similar way as the apartment then an additional gross revenue of 10,000 euros (excluding breakfast) is quite easily achievable.
Buurtschap de Kruisweg
This unique offering is located in hamlet De Kruisweg. This hamlet consists of about 1km of ribbon development along a canal. Here it is still possible to get to know your neighbors and there is a cozy and active neighborhood association. About 200 people live there. Like Bleiswijk, Bergschenhoek and Berkel en Rodenrijs, the Kruisweg falls under the municipality of Lansingerland. The polder area opposite the house has been designated a permanent green space by the municipality. The hamlet lies along provincial road N209. A 5-meter-high noise barrier shields the Cross Road there. The stores and schools of Moerkapelle, Zoetermeer and Bleiswijk are about 5 minutes away by car. The Lansingerland train station (Randstadrail and NS) is a 20-minute walk or 5-minute bike ride away.
The zoning may allow for another large outbuilding. In the current new building/barn, two more apartments can be realized quite easily.
From the owner
“When we moved here in 2009, we really didn’t know exactly what to expect, but we were warmly welcomed into an open and friendly environment. We have been allowed to grow our place from the single-family home it was, with first an extension and then the new construction, to what it is today. Renting out the apartment has turned out to be a nice extra source of income. The contact with the people and the organization around it proved to be well organized. A good reliable cleaning lady lives a few doors down. We very much enjoyed developing this and certainly living here. For us it’s time for the next step and now it’s up to someone else to be allowed to experience this special place and further exploit all the possibilities.”
– Detached house with several (auxiliary) buildings.
– Rural location yet centrally located in the middle of the Randstad, close to arterial roads.
– Approx. 232m2 living area, incl. apartment.
– The property consists of three plots, together about 1,328m2.
– On the rear plot also the possibility of having a horse trough.
– The garage may function as a horse barn (both established in zoning regulations).
– Energy label A, based on original home, glass walk-through and complete new construction.
– The home was originally built in 1957, energy efficient, modernized and expanded in 2010.
– The rural new building is also energy efficient and built in 2018.
– The glass walk-through between the two buildings was completed in 2019.
– The garage has a three-phase connection that allows e.g. electric charging (380v).
– The loose “cottage” in the backyard dates from 2021.
– Painting 2020.
– Two high-efficiency boilers present (2010 and 2020).
– The new building is underpinned and the entire area of it is floored and equipped with 1km of underfloor heating, including the garage.
– Garage has overhead roll-up door which follows the roof, with remote control via app.
– In 2022, 38 solar panels were installed on the south side of the outbuilding with an annual yield last year of about 12,500 kWh.
– Electrical system mostly renewed in 2009.
– Five air conditioning/heat pump units (2020/22) present, both for heating and cooling.
– Fiber optic internet with good coverage Wi-Fi network (2021).
- ID: 36129
- Published: 6 May 2023
- Last Update: 23 May 2023
- Views: 217